Northern Newfoundland Club
Working Sub-Committee Guidance for Training Groups
The instructions of the designated Safety Officer for each group must
be complied with immediately.
- Agree at start of season a Group Co-ordinator to liaise with
the Club Secretary and Working Group Sub-Committee.
- Train on a first-come first-served basis or some other mutually
- All equipment (boats etc) is the property of the NNC and this
can be made available to all members at reasonable request.
- There must be a minimum of three people to hold a training session.
- Wet/dry suits must be worn at all times when in the water together
with a life jacket/buoyancy aid.
- Only RYA2 trained people to drive the boat.
- There must be one other responsible adult in the boat as well
as the coxswain and trainer/handler.
- It is the owner/handler's responsibility to train their own
dog. However, if required members with more experience will offer
advice and assistance.
- It is the responsibility of the training groups to ensure that
all members, new and old, are given time at each session to develop
their stewarding skills and put them into action at all training
- It is expected that all members attending training groups will
offer their services at Test Events to steward once they have
achieved stewarding skills.
- Monies collected should cover cost of repairs/replacement of
training items and cost of venue (non-profit making).
- All fees should be reasonable and accountable.
- All monies and equipment will remain the property of the NNC.
- Groups must have written permission from the venue owner/manager
and this is to be held by the Co-ordinator.
page as .PDF
page as a .Doc